Do We Have Talent or Not ?

The relative importance of natural talent and training is a frequent topic of discussion when people try to explain different levels of ability in,
 for example, sport,art or music.
Obviously, education systems are based on the belief that all  children can be taught to acquire different skills, including those associated with
 sport, art or music.So from our own school experience, we can find plenty of evidence to support the view that a child can acquire these skills with continued teaching and guided practice. 
However, some people believe that innate talent is what differentiates a person who has been trained to play a sport or an instrument,from these who become good players. In other words, there is more to a skill than a learned technique,and this talent can not be taught no matter how good the teacher is or how frequently a kid practices .
I personally think that some people do have talents that are probably 
Inherited in their genes. Such talent can give individuals a facility for certain skills that allowed them excel,while more hard-working students never manage to reach a comparable level .But as all questions of nature versus nurture,they are not mutually exclusive .Good musicians or artists and exceptional sports stars have probably succeed because of both good training and natural talent ,continuous training would be neither attractive or productive ,and without training ,the child would not learn how to exploit and develop their talent .
In conclusion, I agree that any child can be taught particular skills but to be really good in areas such as music ,art or sport, then some natural talent is required.

评论

  1. I agree with that every one is different. And some people are luckily be born with the talent for doing something. However, some people think they don't. For example, me. But I think there are much possibility is that we haven't find it. So...believe in yourself!

    回复删除
  2. 1062950_Lily

    That's why we call the people with innate talents "genius". I do believe that in areas such as Arts and Music, natural talent accounts for a greater percent. Sports, this is greatly affected by physical strength which I do believe can be built up due to continuous training. However, your points of view are really intriguing and they do make me think for a while whether I'm with you or not. Innate talents and constant effort are strongly correlated. Thanks for a great post. Looking forward to next posts~

    回复删除
  3. I agree that " some people believe that innate talent is what differentiates a person who has been trained to play a sport or an instrument from these who become good players." When i was an elementary school student, my mother send me to ballet class. After the class continued for roughly half of year, I told my mother I can't stand it anymore. Because I though it is stressful to the class. Maybe I am the person who don't have talent for it.

    回复删除

发表评论

此博客中的热门博文

Language is more than itself

University should accept equal numbers of male and female study in every subject or not .