The Changes in Life
Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoidingchange. Others, however, think that change is always good thing,
Over the last half century the pace of change in the life of human beings has increasedbeyond our wildest expectations. This has been driven by tchnological and scientificbreakthroughs that are changing the whole way we vicw the world on an almost dailybasis. This means that change is not always a personal option, but an inescapable factof life, and we need to constantly adapt to keep pace with it.
Those people who believe they have achieved some security by doing the same,familiar things are living in denial. Even when people believe they are resistingchange themselves, they cannot stop the world around them from changing. Sooner orlater they will find that the familiar jobs no longcr exist, or that the 'safe' patterns ofbehaviour are no longer appropriate.
However, reaching the conclusion that change is inevitable is not the same asassuming that *change is always for the better'. Unfortunately, it is not always thecase that new things are promoted because they have good impacts for the majority ofpcople. A lot of inovations are made with the aim of making money for a few. This isbecause it is the rich and powerful people in our society who are able to imposechanges (such as in working conditions or property developments) that are in theirown interests.
In conclusion, I would say that change can be stimulating and energizing forindividuals when they pursue it themselves, but that all change, including that whichis imposed on pcople, does not nessarily have good outcomes.
1062950_Lily
回复删除Thanks for your opinions regarding "changes" in life. How about you? Do you like "changes"? I would say "changes" is a must in nowadays life. It's unavoidable. Since the world is changing day by day, even the Earth spins around the Sun and itself, it's obvious that we all have to cope with "changes" to keep track with the breathtaking pace of life. There's one thing I keep wondering when reading your post. Why there are some words are stuck to each other? I guess maybe because of some errors occurred in the programming code then. Anyway, looking forward to your next post. Peace~
To be honest, I'm afraid of changes but always hope changes.So contradictory.haha~But I always know changes will happen at every time, in every places.We have to face to it bravely.Only in this way, can we deal with things better.
回复删除besides,I like this sentence best. "Sooner or later they will find that the familiar jobs no longcr exist, or that the 'safe' patterns of behaviour are no longer appropriate."You used the sentence pattern "sooner or later" well.By the way,maybe you could be more careful next time.there are some spelling and format mistakes~